How can tech be used to solve problems?

I was a bit worried when walking into my first Technology class. I was not to sure about how this class could potentially help me grow as an individual. I ended up being wrong.

This year technology class taught me a variety of things. But one aspect that jumped out to me, was the ability to problem solve using the Internet. For example, the blogging unit taught me how to entertain a healthy relationship online. That is one skill that will help me avoid a multitude of conflicts throughout my life time starting now. Aside from that, I also now know how to give constructive feedback to people without hurting their feelings.

Another asset that this year’s course taught me is persistent. It might not have been the goal of the Design cycle; but making us follow a complete process and rebuild over and over again really made us realise how important the idea of improving is. The only ceiling to your potential is yourself. When seeing one of our “test” that we thought was a failure, we realised that we did not have to change everything in it. We just had to find where was our mistake and to recreate.

I enjoyed this year’s course and I am looking forward to having this course for the entire school year.

11 thoughts on “How can tech be used to solve problems?

1. Hey Hakim,
    Your paragraphs were very organised, or at least they seemed to me since when I wrote mine I just wrote the first things on my head, you wrote as if you were talking to our class, which was also something new to me since I wrote as if I were talking to the whole world, well, can’t change it now. Anyways, loved the post, easy to read and showing how good technology is while following all requirements.
    The Derpy King (Noah)

2. I am happy that you ended up learning something Hakim! I love how you used the situation with the test. Great job Hakim.

3. Dear Hakim,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the world! I enjoyed reading your post. I teach 3rd grade in the US. I will be sharing your blog post with my class because I feel they have a lot to learn from it. If you would like to visit our class blog, I would love to add you to our student blog roll. Our blog is http://blogs.goaj.org/amoore/

I look forward to reading your future posts,
    Mrs. Moore

4. Hakin
    I am the mentor assigned to your blog. Great that you have added the Challenge logo. I can remember the technological challenges of an education 60 years ago in a brilliant technical school in London. I failed at that but found another route that the school somehow provided. A great blog, lets see you meet the Challenges that you will have to meet.

Mike